Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College
Affiliated with University of Dhaka.Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College is enlisted in AVICENNA ,WHO,MCI,FAIMER, IMED. American Medical Council & MRCP Orientation Course has been started.
The academic activities of Islami Bank Medical College commenced through the admission of 50 students in the 2003-04 academic session. The admission is based on merit keeping in conformity with Government Order published and adopted by IBMC Academic Council and Governing Body.
Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College Affiliated with University of Dhaka.Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College is enlisted in AVICENNA ,WHO,MCI,FAIMER, IMED. American Medical Council & MRCP Orientation Course has been started
It started its journey with 50 students in the academic year 1999-2000. Presently we have about 800 students and 135 students are admitted during every academic session including up to a maximum of 50% foreign students.
Thirteen batches of students have already qualified as doctors and 12th batches have completed their internship training and the thirteen batches are undergoing internship training in Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College Hospital (HFRCMCH) which is a tertiary care Hospital established in the year 1953 with 720 beds and delivering clinical services in all specialties of medical science.
The objectives of Islami Bank Medical College are:
The College follows the course curriculum of MBBS course as laid down by Dhaka University and Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council. Government of Bangladesh regulates the criteria of The Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College started its journey in the academic year 1999-2000 by the inspiration of the daughter of the father of the Nation & defender of the democracy Janonetri Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, the then Health Minister Sheikh Fazlul Karim Salim MP, Chairman, Bangladesh Red Crescent Society Sheikh Kabir Hossain and all the Doctors and Staffs working in Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College Hospital under the leadership of Professor Dr. Md. Maniruzzaman Bhuiyan contributed tremendously to establish the College.
The College follows the course curriculum of MBBS course as laid down by Dhaka University and Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council. Government of Bangladesh regulates the criteria of qualification of students and Dhaka University conducts the professional examinations and certificates of MBBS degree are awarded by them.
The Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College and Hospital is located in a quiet and serene environment at the heart of Dhaka city at 1, Eskaton Garden Road, Dhaka-1000 on 8.10 acres of land.
Procedures For Admission (for foreign students for the session 2020-21)
A limited number of seats will be offered for foreign nationals. The interested applicants must fulfill the following criteria for eligibility for admission.
1. Applicants must have passed qualifying examination i.e. 12th grade (10+2=12 years) of schooling at a public School/Board/College or passed an examination in any foreign country which recognizes higher Secondary Certificate Examination(SSC).
2. Applicants must have passed Higher Secondary Certificate Examination or equivalent examinations with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their major/compulsory subjects.
3. Applicants must have obtained at least 75% marks in average (which is equivalent to GPA 4.0 or equivalent grade in Secondary School Certificate and Higher Secondary School Certificate examinations or in equivalent examinations (i.e. equivalent grade in A-level or O-level examination ) and should have at least 65% marks separately in either of these examinations (i.e. GPA 3.50 or equivalent grade). In case of O-level examination, marks, grades of only six subjects (top 6 subjects on the basis of marks/grades obtained) will be considered. In the case of A-level examination, marks/grades of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology will be considered for evaluation.
4. Applications should be submitted in the prescribed form (to be available from). Attested copies of certificates and marks sheets etc. have to be furnished along with the application. All certificates and marks-sheets must be attested by the Ministry of application.
5. The successful applications will require to produce all original academic certificates and mark sheets in during admission.