Medical College for Women’s
MEDICAL COLLEGE FOR WOMEN’S, UTTARA, DHAKA, BANGLADESH IT A FIRST PRIVATE WOMEN’S MEDICAL COLLEGE IN BANGLA
The concept of a Medical College exclusively for women is not a new one, particularly in our socio-cultural background.
There are examples of such medical colleges in neighboring countries. There is already an awareness in the society for the enhancement of technical education in the female population the Bangladesh Government has already taken positive steps in the field of teachers training in the education sector.
At present the female quota of admission in medical colleges is far too low and as such many a talented girls could not be admitted to this noble profession. Moreover, there are conservative families who want to educate their children in an atmosphere like this.
There will also be a training center for nurses & paramedics in this complex so that a good number of students will be trained in nursing and other specialties who will fill the demands of nurses and other specialties in the government or non-government hospitals and foreign countries.
The aims of the medical college for women & hospital is to teach specially selected female candidates for five academic years according to the syllabus laid down by Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) for MBBS degree to be conferred by the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh and then impart training of closely supervised internship for one year to create high quality career doctors for the nation.
Introduction to newly designed community oriented medical & dental education including MBBS course.
To arrange training course for nurses, paramedical & medical social workers.
To provide postgraduate students, training and research leading to certificate of diploma, degree, doctorate and post doctorate degree for strictly limited number.
To meet the responsibilities of providing preventive as well as curative health care to the people of Bangladesh.
To inspire to develop the essential character qualities, strong sense of righteousness and a basic desire to serve the suffering humanity.
The college and hospital may have several units located in different areas. At present:
The college with the hospital is located in Plot-4, Road-8/9, Sector-1, Uttara Model Town, Dhaka-1230.
2ndbuilding is in Plot-16, Road-12, Sector-1, Uttara Model Town, Dhaka-1230
3rdbuilding is in Plot-2, Road-15, Sector-1, Uttara Model Town, Dhaka-1230.
4th building is in Plot-2, Road-16, Sector-3, Uttara Model Town, Dhaka-1230.
Another campus is located at Fazir Batan, Uttarkhan, Uttara, Dhaka.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION (SESSION: 2020-2021)
- 1.Welfare (Medical Education Unit). Bangladesh govt. has formulated the following requirements for admission in MBBS/BDS course in the Govt. & private
- 2.Medical & Dental colleges
- 3.Medical College For Women’s
For MBBS course – Eligibility of candidates are as follows:
- 1.Students who have passed SSC in 2015 and HSC in 2017 or 2014 and 2016 respectively and should have total GPA 9.00 (minimum requirement of GPA in SSC or HSC is 4.00 in each examination). GPA 3.50 in Biology at HSC Level is compulsory for all students.
- 2.Students having O level & A level qualifications and foreign students having similar or equivalent qualifications should apply with certificate of equivalence issued from the Director General, Health Directorate, Govt. of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
- 3.For foreign students will have to arrange attestation of their SSC(SSE) & HSC(SSCE) equivalence certificate & mark sheets from their foreign ministry and submit their papers through Bangladesh Embassy in concern countries.
- 4.In case of national/foreign students admission will be invalid if any document is found to be false or wrong, before or after admission. No extra foreign national students will be admitted in excess of the number already specified by the govt. of Bangladesh.
Admission will be made on the basis of results of the under mentioned examination:
- (1)Written test according to current syllabus of HSC course will be held in MCQ system and this examination will include Physics, Chemistry, Biology, General Knowledge: Physics-20, Chemistry-25, Biology-30, English-15, General Knowledge-10 = Total 100 Marks. In written admission test. 0.25 marks will be subtracted for each incorrect answer.
- (2) 25 x GPA HSC = 125 (Maximum)
15 x GPA SSC = 75 (Maximum)
Total Marks = 200
Admission Process: Application forms along with prospectus will be available from office of the Principal on payment of Taka 1000/- for local students and US$ 100.00 for foreign students for the eligible candidate who is undergone through the admission process conducted by the Director, Medical Education, Ministry of Health, Government of Bangladesh.
PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS: 2020-2021
FOR SAARC COUNTRIES:
Mode of Payment:
Payment of admission fees, Development fees, Donation and all other charges (US$ 32,250.00) will be made through Bank Swift Code “IFICBDDH024”in favour of the “Medical College for Women and Hospital, Uttara, Dhaka-1230”. A/C No. 1024-140074-031.
||Amount (US $)
|1st year at the time of admission & seat booking
|Registration Fee of DU & BMDC
|Tuition Fee(2nd Year)
|Tuition Fee(3rd Year)
|Tuition Fee(4th Year)
|Tuition Fee(4th Year)
|Total US$ :
In words: Forty Five thousand US dollar only.
Note: if any student do not perform their internship training in this institute (MCWH) she will get refund of USD 2170. Total amount then to be paid USD (45000-2170) = USD 42830.
Note:Foreign Student Agent Consultancy generally fee USD 3000.