Central Medical College – CeMec
Central Medical College – CeMec, established to respond to global changes happening in Medical Education and Technology and bring positive changes in the present deterioration health care delivery system.
Medical Education and Technology and bring positive changes in the present deterioration health care delivery system. The ultimate goal is to make our population a healthy and productive force. A good number of brilliant and promising students fail to get chance in medical colleges due to the limitation of seats in Gov’t Medical Colleges. This institute will help those students to avail of this opportunity.
This program will give a good profile of the student in technical field by providing an opportunity for the better performance in Medical Education in a separate cell in each Department with good facilities for Medical graduates who can give more time in this field.
Central Medical College the students are valued and we will assist, support and advice every student with proper counseling, guidance to solve their academic problems. All efforts are being made to attract the students to their places for learning and modern teaching methods will be extensively used by the teachers for imparting lessons.
It is our first effort. In the future, more efforts will be made to enrich the different wings of the health sector when the institute will be developed for this purpose.
We heartily thank the Ministry of Health & Family welfare for giving our Central Medical College Final approval to commence academic activities from the session 2004-2005. We pray to Allah, the Almighty for its success.
AIMS & OBJECTS:
Central Medical College & Hospital (Pvt.) Ltd. has been established so that the young students will learn Medical science to:
1) Acquire knowledge & skill to solve common health problems, handle emergency medicine & casualties and manage public health medicine in general Practice with an emphasis on physical, psychological and environmental & moral factors involving the patient himself and his community.
2) Improve the system of medical education and health care delivery with the present day concept of community-oriented medical education and training which will have relevance to the need of the country. It is intended to bridge the gap between the need and resource for the development of health education, maternal and child welfare and others in its health programs.
3) Be able to work with others in a team for community development.
4) Agree to pursue further training and education in order to acquire new skills and to keep abreast the new developments in medicine.
The curriculum adopted by the Faculty of Medicine. The University of Chittagong, Approved by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC).
Class begins at 8.00 A.M. morning and continues up to 3.00 P.M on all working days.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
Foreign students should have minimum GPA of 7.00 together in S.S.C/O level & HSC/A level (Separately minimum GPA 3.00 in each). Students with “O” & “A” level must provide an attested photocopy of the Equivalence Certificate issued from the Office of the Director General of Health Services, Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh as a necessary document of their eligibility.
HOW & WHEN TO APPLY
Foreign students should apply in the month of September – December. Those interested to apply for admission should at first get their S.S.C/O level, H.S.C/A level or equivalent certificates & mark sheets attested by the Ministry of Education as well as Ministry of Foreign Affairs of their own country. After that, they should apply through the Embassy of Bangladesh in their country providing above mentioned attested documents. The Office of Director General of Health Services (DGHS), Dhaka, Bangladesh will then issue Equivalence Certificate which can be collected either through the Bangladesh Mission in their country or directly from the Office of DGHS.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
For admission into the 1st-year MBBS course, foreign students need to apply in the prescribed form along with the following documents.
Attested photocopy of SSC & HSC / Equivalent Exam Certificate / Testimonial
Attested photocopy of SSC & HSC / Equivalent Exam Mark Sheets / Academic Transcript.
Attested photocopy of Equivalence Certificate issued by DGHS, Dhaka, Bangladesh (for students with “O” & “A” level).
3 (three) copies of recent passport size attested photographs.
Photocopy of Passport.
At the time of admission, all original documents will be retained by the college until completion of the course.
1st-year MBBS class usually starts from the first week of January or as decided by the Government each year.
Procedures For Admission (for foreign students for the session 2020-21)
A limited number of seats will be offered for foreign nationals. The interested applicants must fulfill the following criteria for eligibility for admission.
1. Applicants must have passed qualifying examination i.e. 12th grade (10+2=12 years) of schooling at a public School/Board/College or passed an examination in any foreign country which recognizes higher Secondary Certificate Examination(SSC).
2. Applicants must have passed Higher Secondary Certificate Examination or equivalent examinations with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their major/compulsory subjects.
3. Applicants must have obtained at least 75% marks in average (which is equivalent to GPA 4.0 or equivalent grade in Secondary School Certificate and Higher Secondary School Certificate examinations or in equivalent examinations (i.e. equivalent grade in A-level or O-level examination ) and should have at least 65% marks separately in either of these examinations (i.e. GPA 3.50 or equivalent grade). In case of O-level examination, marks, grades of only six subjects (top 6 subjects on the basis of marks/grades obtained) will be considered. In the case of A-level examination, marks/grades of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology will be considered for evaluation.
4. Applications should be submitted in the prescribed form (to be available from). Attested copies of certificates and marks sheets etc. have to be furnished along with the application. All certificates and marks-sheets must be attested by the Ministry of application.
5. The successful applications will require to produce all original academic certificates and mark sheets in during admission.